Friday, January 11, 2008

Got a new knitting "book".......


I am loving my knitting books. I have a pile in my family room and my own little library in my "office." I can't seem to stay out of the book stores or the library. This little "book" is actually a calendar that has a daily pattern for the entire year. I couldn't pass that up at 70% off! Last night I sat and looked through all of the patterns and I pulled out about 10 to try. I wish I could knit socks, but I can't seem to get in the groove to try. I did this little cable sack that is in the picture. My "grammy Em" is going to help me put a zipper in it since I have never done that before. Hopefully, I can do it. She is 92 and has been sewing most of her life. I love that lady! Raining today. Glad it's not snow, but the kids want so badly to sled ride. The Farmer's Almanac said it's going to snow heavily soon, so be ready. It was correct about this weeks freaky warm weather, so I figure I better get some knitting projects lined up.

1 comment:

Karen said...

You could totally knit socks. The first one might be a bit tricky, but I'll help if you get stuck. And the second sock is easy, and then you are hooked!! Glad we didn't get the huge snow storm . . . unless it's still coming.