Monday, January 21, 2008

Almost there......


This is my finished bag (pre-felted). It measured 19" high and 16" wide. I wanted it to be roomy, but now I am worried a bit. Whenever I knit a new pattern, I get a little nervous. I spent so much time, last year, on a bag that I thought was going to look so nice and when I felted it over and over again, it just never looked good. I couldn't even salvage it. So, I threw it away and vowed to be careful next time I try a new pattern. However, here I am again crossing my fingers. I usually make bags that I attach wooden handles to. This one is made with knitted handles that go through the "button holes" on the top of the bag. It wraps around the body and looks very nice. Let's hope. I have to make two straps at 90" each. I am already growing tired of this, so I have to do those darn straps now so I don't find this in my "ufo" pile. I have a few of those and I hate it. I grow tired of some projects when I am only half way through and while I am knitting it, I am already thinking of something else I want to start. I read somewhere that other people are like that. I think on the Knitting Daily blog. So, I don't feel so bad. But, I promised myself I would finish this one because I bought some BEAUTIFUL fabric to line it with on the clearance table at the fabric store. I saw it and had to buy it since it was practically free. I'll go knit those darn straps now. Except that the kids are hungry..........

No comments: