Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The pre-felted monster


Here is my pre-felted picture to see how pretty it was before I sent it through the wash. Grandma was sitting in the tree with the kids and I asked her to hold it up for me. I did the edges in the grey, and I'm glad I did, because it did look so much better. You can see the one edge on the left. What I am bummed about is the top did not felt well. I make purses all the time and usually it all felts in a uniform manner. This one did not. I contemplated adding an i-cord edge to the top before I felted it, but decided against it. Now, I am wondering if that would have been better. Oh well, you live and learn. I am planning on lining the bag and seeing if that will help "shape" it a little. Otherwise, it will be a knitting bag and I will shlep it with me with knitting projects in it. Always need one of those! The size of this bag is just right too. I measured pre-felting and after, so with my next picture and post, I will put those measurements in. Thank you Karen for reading my blog and being so nice to comment. It's nice to have a friend read and support me. Most of my "non-knitting" friends either don't know what a blog is or look at me like I have two heads because I tell them, "It's like an on-line journal, of sorts, that I talk about my knitting escapades." My one good friend said to me, "And WHY do you feel you want to write about that?" I felt like I was on the couch at a psychiatrist's office. So, call me crazy, but I like to have this little outlet. Have a happy day and enjoy this sunshine.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Of course I read your blog and comment - it's always so much fun to see what you are working on!! :) I can't wait to see the felted bag all lined - I'm sure it will look great. And who couldn't use another knitting bag, right?

Elizabeth said...

I get the same "and you have a blog why?" question/look all the time from my family. Muggles just don't understand - the ideas flowing around the knitting blogworld are amazing - how could we not be a part of it.

The gray edging looks great - I know nothing about successful felting (see blog for failed felting experiments) but could you fix the less-felted areas by needle felting? Just a thought, and I would practice on something else first.