Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Been so sick........


Well, I thought I was in the clear being that the weather is so nice. However, all of my chicklets are coughing, have headaches and tummy aches and are overall feeling yucky. The worst part of this situation is that mommy is right along with them. Ughhh, I feel lousy. The only reason I am sitting here typing is because, as exhausted as I am, it makes me feel better to be sitting up a bit. What better way than to "talk" about knitting?

I started a mitered striped purse yesterday while I sat on the couch feeling sorry for myself. It looks like a pattern I was working on last year, but didn't felt that bag. This one is similar and I think I need to tweek some of the instructions. I will take a picture of my progress and let you know what I changed as I go.

I went to Michael's in Danbury since I needed something nearby and always love to look at yarn even though it's not my favorite store. There are a lot of Moda*Dea brand yarns at 70% off right now. I believe they are going out of their line and the store has them on clearance. I bought a few and have to say, they have a lot left. Go while the going is good, knitters!

O.k., that is enough sitting for me. Back to the ginger ale for my tummy and some shut eye. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.........

2 comments:

Karen said...

Oh yuck, so sorry to hear you are all sick. I wondered where you had been. I sent you instructions on linking a word on Monday . . . to the Ya-Ya address. Didn't come through? I'll forward it right now to your other e-mail address. Feel better soon, okay?

Elizabeth said...

Greetings from another sock newbie! I learned from the technique articles on knitty.com and the videos on knittinghelp.com. Watching someone do the heel thing, and hitting rewind 27 times while sitting in front of the computer with my practice sock (pattern in knitty) helped me to figure out what to do. Didn't stop me from making stupid mistakes, but I eventually finished a pair of socks that I'll wear in public.