Tuesday, April 25, 2006

MIA


Well, it's been forever since I posted. We had quite the last 11 days or so. The flu hit my house hard and I ended up with sick children on every couch in the house for a week! That, in itself, was hard enough. Then, when we finally were feeling better, school vacation started. We needed to get some fun time in since the couch was our best friend for the week before. It was a lovely week of great weather and being together. I love my kids. They are the glue that keeps me together. So, not much knitting was done except that I did felt my striped mitered bag. The top looks funny to me and I am not thrilled with the results of the felting. But, I haven't given up completely. I want to line it, as I always do with my felted bags, and see it that helps bring it back into shape a bit. I am also in the middle of taking all the summer clothes out and doing inventory. You know the drill with that.... Does this fit you? Will you wear it? Give it to your sister then! This process takes me a full week if I have the luxury of time. I can't believe the amount of clothes these kids have. I plan on giving 80% of it to the GoodWill and my church. My children have plenty and I am sure that the children in New Orleans, or elsewhere, could use them more than we will. My closet is next.... Well, I am off to the races again today. (Figure of speech, never been to the race track, but that's what life is like for me.) Thank God for the sunshine, I needed it..........

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hi, Glad to have you back!!! And yes, hurrah for the sunshine . . . all that rain was just too depressing. Umm, where is the picture of your felted bag, missy??? Okay, I guess we have to wait until the lining is sewn it. I'll be patient. :)