Thursday, April 06, 2006

My sick day knitting....

I felt poopy yesterday. So much so, I didn't get off the couch much. Anyone who knows me, knows I don't sit down much. Not just because I am a mom and that in itself tells you I don't sit much. But, I really felt lousy and just couldn't bring myself to do any of my usual housework and errands. So, I knit! 124 rows to be exact. My mitered striped purse is coming along nicely. It's similar to a pattern I have "on the sticks" and yet to be finished upstairs. However, the other pattern calls for four of these mitered squares that you attach. This mitered square was casted on with 125 sts. The other pattern calls for 60 cast on sts. So, the overall size comes approximately to be the same. The other big difference in these two patterns is that this purse I am working on will be felted and the other one does not call for that. I think it would look pretty either way, but this one will be done long before I would have gotten the other pattern accomplished. Way too much finishing for me with four squares being sewn together just right to make sure the stripes line up correctly. (Now that I said that, I know I will probably try and tackle that job just to prove to myself I can. I'm weird like that!) I will take a "before felting" picture once I get this purse sewn together and make sure I measure it if anyone is needing that information. Also, this pattern I linked to has a few things I "tweeked." I used size 9 needles and worsted weight 100% wool yarn. I actually doubled the strand since it called for 8-ply yarn and the Patons wool I used is 3-ply. Doubling worked just fine. Now, I have to cross my fingers for the felting part. We will see. Being sick stinks, but at least I got some knitting in. That always makes me feel better.....

No comments: