Friday, September 26, 2008

On to the next project........


Hi! Here is my finished purse. I thought I took a better picture of it to show the inside since I really love the fabric I found to line it with, but I don't have a shot of it. So, this one will have to do. I did make this pattern once before and it turned out much smaller. A nice purse, but too small for everyday use. This one is modified, since I added CO stitches and used Lamb's Pride (that has mohair mixed in with the wool) as opposed to the Paton's 100% merino wool I used on the other purse. I like the mohair, but it sometimes looks too fuzzy and you need to give the bag a shave every once in a while. My new bag, I am working on is coming out good, except that I ran out of yarn. (Can you hear my heavy sigh from there?) God knows I have a stash the size of Manhattan, but no yarn to go with my project at hand. Soooo, I went on line and yes, I could've ordered it. But, the shipping would have been more than the yarn and I really wasn't in the mood. You know how you really have to be in the mood for a project once you get it going. This one I am on the fence about. (Pictures to follow.......)
Today, on the first rainy day we have had in a long time, I spent my morning with my good friend Linda. She is an awesome cook and many times drops off her yummies to my house. The last time she did that, my kids were literally licking the container she sent to us. It was THAT good. So, I bought all the ingredients and she came over to show me how to make her famous, "lick the bowl," chicken paprikash. She is 100% Hungarian, so let me tell you, this girl knows how to make a mean chicken paprikash. I can't wait for my kids to get off the bus and smell our house. YUMMY! Now if only I can do it when I am on my own without her here! Cross your fingers......

No comments: