Friday, September 26, 2008

The dumpling gadget.....


Two posts for the same day. Sorry, when it rains it pours. (And yes, it's pouring, so it seems appropriate.) This little gadget came over when Linda did because she has a gadget for EVERYTHING! You know that friend that says, "I have one of those!" when you are in need of something to get a project done? Well, if you don't have a friend like that, I am sorry for you. (I would share Linda, but I am selfish.) Anyway, she brought this little ditty over and showed me how to make dumplings to go along with my Chicken Paprikash. (Hey Lin, if I am spelling that incorrectly, let me know.) The dumplings come out so nice because this thing makes them on the small size. She tells me you can just drop them in by the spoonful, but it went so fast using this thing. O.k., here is the dilemma. She got it from her Mom. Her Mom got it from Hungary. Are you following me here? Anyone reading this have a Hungarian friend coming to visit you soon? And I mean, straight from Hungary since Linda tells me that's really where to get one of these guys. I didn't think so. So, now, I will be on the hunt for this nifty little gadget. I don't make my own dumplings often and I am not a gadget person, for the most part. But, I do make a lot of different soups and now that we are heading towards the colder weather... (No, I refuse to say "winter!") this gadget would be a nice thing to have. Linda had a name for it, but I couldn't pronounce it let alone spell it. Suffice it to say, it's really cool!

No comments: