Thursday, September 18, 2008

It's been a long time..........



Hi there to my friends that read my blog. (Alright, I know of two that read this and I haven't written in months so I am probably writing this for myself alone......) Anyway, one of the reasons I haven't written is that the good weather hit and I was with my children as much as possible. And then the summer came, and I was with my children as much as possible. And the other reason is that I got some slimy comments to my last post and it scared me. I was afraid to open them since I don't want a virus in my computer and then I wondered, who would write such slimy things to a persons knitting blog? Don't they have better things to do than to harass poor, unsuspecting knitters like me? In any event, the bus will be here in a minute and I need to get outside, so this will be a brief posting.
Do you like my "Sebago Bag?" I knit one every year when we go to our place in Maine and then shrink it when I get home. Picture to follow once I upload it to my computer....
I have to also tell you.... I went to "A Stitch in Time" today in Bethel, CT. OMG!!!! (That's what my kids do.) I felt like I had died and gone to heaven, or at least "fiber heaven!" It is a BEAUTIFUL store and has everything you could imagine. I was overwhelmed by it all because I just wanted to stand there and touch all the yarn. It's a bright, cheery store with so many different things to offer. Great yarn (of course!), terrific books and pattern packets, samples knitted all over the store, and the NICEST women working there. I met the owner, Eva, and she was super-duper kind. I felt like I had found a new home! So, it's official that "A Stitch in Time" will be my favorite yarn store.
O.k., got to get the bus now............ See ya!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I'm here - no matter how long goes by, I'll always come back and read. :) Love the bag!! Never been to Stitch in Time but have always heard good things about it. I'll have to get there. :)

As for those comments - you can delete them if you sign in to blogger, go to edit posts, and then click View next to the post they left them on. Scroll down until you see the comments, and there will be a little garbage can next to them. Click that to delete them. Whatever you do, just DON'T CLICK ON THE LINKS THEY PUT IN THE COMMENT. That's what can give you a virus. Ugh!!!